Shopping Cart

Your cart is empty

Continue Shopping

2017 Johan Vineyards 'Drueskall' Pinot Gris - skin contact

$36

Tangerine and quince on the nose with a rounded mouthfeel and a bit of spice and cranberry on the palate. Very fresh and balanced. ‘Drueskall’ is ‘grape skin’ in Norwegian which was an integral part of this wine’s creation.

The fruit was fermented in two separate batches and later combined with native yeasts present for both. 40% of the grapes were fermented whole cluster with carbonic maceration lasting for 26 days, while the other 60% was destemmed and fermented on the skins in a small open top fermenter. Over all the wine saw extended skin contact ranging from 21-45 days giving it a beautiful copper color. The result is a wine with lovely texture and supple tannins. Very fresh and balanced. The grapes are grown biodynamically in the Van Duzer Corridor AVA of Oregon, a sub appellation of the Willamette Valley AVA, and is located in the Coast Range. 



2017 Johan Vineyards 'Drueskall' Pinot Gris - skin contact

$36
>